Aura components are the open-source, user interface (UI) framework that is used to develop the single-page web and mobile applications on the Salesforce platform. The Aura components are self-contained and reusable units of an app. This means the design of any app made from different pieces of components or units and each component performs a unit of work independently. In Aura, multiple components combine to develop small pieces of code and then develop web applications. In short, these components first develop small pieces of code and then develop the web application or single page application.
What are the Aura components?
Features of the Aura Components
There are so many features that Aura components contain in comparison to any other VisualForce page. These are as follows.
- It is a user interface (UI) framework.
- It is used to develop or create more responsive single-page applications rather than other traditional frameworks and VisualForce as well.
- It develops small pieces of code and then develops a single web page application, hence reduces chances of error in coding.
- It works on the client-side. It means minimal data transfer between client and server through the User interface.
- It contains Event-driven architecture.
- It develops modular or more responsive design.
- It contains cross-browser compatibility which means no specific web browser required for developing the application.
Aura is an open-source UI framework used to develop single page application or web applications on the Salesforce platform. There are some specialties that make Aura special in comparison to other frameworks.
- It is the first mobile lightweight framework.
- It provides the out-of-the-box responsive User Interface (UI). This means it can be compatible with any sized mobile, laptop, desktop devices. In short, Aura is a size-independent framework.
- It encourages the modular design pattern.
- Lightning Aura is faster than other traditional frameworks such as the VisualForce page. This means the amount of data transfer or latency or interaction between the user interface and server-side is very low in comparison to any other VisualForce page.
- Once Aura components developed, it can be easily integrated into Lightning App Builder and Communities. Also, it provides the drag and drop facility for developing the application.