Instagram is an American social networking company owned by Facebook, is used to share photos and videos. It was designed in October 2010 by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger for IOS and in April 2012 for the Android version. It provides a facility to share videos and images uploaded by one user to another user who is following or not. It also provides a facility for editing photos with some filters, tags, and Google locations. Users can follow anyone who is using Instagram and add their videos and photos to its feed. In this blog, we will discuss how to deactivate an Instagram account as well as how to delete an Instagram account permanently.
Instagram is a platform to communicate with your friends, relatives, and follower. It is available in 32 languages worldwide.
In the Year 2018, some of the users reported against the privacy and security flaw of the Instagram feature “Download Your Data,” which leaked the user’s password in some plain text. Further, it was officially announced by the Instagram team that only some specific users are at-risk conditions, and there is no need to worry regarding your data leak, and after some time issue had been resolved.
Features in Instagram
- Editing of images
- Location tagging
- Personal and group messaging
- Push notification
- Filters, etc.
Now in this article, I am providing you a step by step guide to deactivate and permanently delete your Instagram account if you want to save your time and thinking about removing it.
Like Facebook, Instagram also provides a facility of deactivation (temporary suspension) and permanent deletion of your account. If you want to deactivate your account for some specific time, then you can follow the deactivation process. However, you want to continue with your account you have to just login again with your username and password. When a user deactivates its account, then all information like photos, profile, videos, likes, and comments will be blocked so that no one can see their data.
Note– You can’t deactivate your account from the app; a web browser is needed to disable as well as delete your account.
How to deactivate an Instagram account?
- Open the link https://www.instagram.com/accounts/login/?hl=en
- Enter your username and password
- Click on your profile icon to redirect to your profile page
- In the “Edit Profile” section, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the “temporarily disable my account” option.
- Provide the reason for disabling your account and re-enter your password to temporarily disable your account.
- Once your account deactivated, you can only activate it again by Login with your username and password after one week as per the Instagram usage policy.
How to “Download Your Data” on Instagram?
If you want to delete your Instagram account permanently, data on your account will be destroyed. So, to save your data like videos, photos, etc. Instagram provides a facility to “Download Your Data.”
- In the profile section of your Instagram account, click on “Edit Profile.”
- Click on “Privacy and security.”
- Now an option appeared as “Get a copy of what you’ve shared on Instagram.”
- Enter your mail ID and click next.
- Now within 48 hrs, you will receive a mail with a link to download your Instagram data.
How to Delete Instagram account permanently?
- Visit Instagram’s “Delete your account page” and select the reason for leaving.
Further, you can directly visit here with the below-given link:
- After selecting the reason, re-enter your password and click “Permanently delete my account.”
- Your Instagram account is deleted permanently.
Read also: How to earn money from Facebook?