Have you ever thought about why we need to submit our assignments to our class instructor? The answer is very straightforward because if we do not submit our assignment then it will not evaluate. Similarly, if you are running a website then you need to submit your website to an instructor or Search Engine like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. Search Engines are the biggest source for traffic and monetize your website so it is very important to ensure that you have submitted your website to Search Engine (SERP) or not. If a Search Engine doesn’t know your website or webpages exist then how it will discover or index your website. If you want to rank and organic website traffic on Google or other Search Engines then indexing is the most effective tool to do this easily. In this article, we will discuss how to submit your website to different Search Engine and why you need to submit your website on Search Engine. If you really looking for the fastest way to submit your website to Search Engines, then this article will be very helpful for you.
Do You Really Need to Submit Your Website to Search Engines?
If I say No: You don’t need to submit your website to a search engine always because almost all search engine use bots to index your website automatically, but if you are using a WordPress website then we recommend you to submit your website manually on Search Engine like Google, Bing, and Yahoo, etc.
If I say Yes: Search Engines don’t believe in manual submission therefore they use their bots to crawl the website and WebPages on the web.
When search engines found new links and WebPages on the website, they follow these links and if there is something useful they added it to be indexed.
To summarise, we can say that search engines are capable to discover new links and websites on their own but still you can submit your website for quick indexed.
Why you should submit your website to search engines?
Search engines are always a source for getting free and organic traffic rather than paid traffic from ads and other sources of web traffic. Further, the process of submitting a website on search engines is also quite easy and free.
There are few reasons that will prove why we need manual submission of our website on search engines:
- Simple and Easy: However, Search engines are pretty good to discover your website by crawling automatically. Still, you can submit it manually for your satisfaction and peace of mind. Submitting a website to a search engine only takes half-or-one minutes, so why take the risk?
- Fast and Quick Indexing: However, search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo, etc use their bots to index your website automatically but still you can request fast and quick indexing of your website through manual submission.
Whenever there are any changes made on your website, you need to submit your website manually to a search engine so that it can index your website quickly.
- Analysis of website: Google and other search engines provide various tools and insights that can help to analyze and improve your website. If there is any change made, you can ask to crawl and index your website again and again.
- Help to find errors: You can manage reports and dashboards for analyzing your website pages. It will also notify you regarding the potential errors and broken links on your website.
Hence, you can submit your website to search engines and grow your business online without investing a lot of money. Now, let’s have a look at how to submit your website to different search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
Verify Website Ownership via Google Search Console
Google is the most popular search engine among all internet users around the world. Submitting a website to Google or other search engines is a very simple and fast process. To submit your website, you need to add a sitemap in Google Search Console.
Google Search Console:
Before submitting your website to Google, you’ll need to sign up for Google Search Console and verify website ownership. Search console is a free tool offered by Google to help their users for analyzing the website’s performance.
To sign up for Google Search Console is free and easy. There are few steps to sign up and access Google Search Console as follows:
- Go to the Goggle Search Console website or Click the below link;
- Click on the Start Now button
- You can either select an existing Google account or create a new account.
- Now in the next step, Google will prompt you to enter your website domain/sub-domain name or URL Prefix.
Note: We recommend you prefer the URL Prefix option rather than Domain name because it is comparatively easier to verify website ownership.
- Verify domain ownership via DNS record. Copy the below-mentioned code, add the TXT code to DNS records.
- Click Verify button.
Note: You can add this verification code in WordPress via Yoast SEO, All in One SEO, and Insert Headers and Footers plugins.
How Do You Submit Your Website to Google?
Submitting a sitemap to a Google search engine is quite easy by adding your sitemap in Google Search Console. There are few steps to submit your website to a search engine like Google as follows:
1. Find your XML sitemap:
A sitemap is a file in XML format, which lists all the pages on a website. You can locate your sitemap either by visiting https://yourdomain.com/sitemap.xml or yourdomain.com/robots.txt.
This will look like this:
Further, if you are using the Yoast SEO plugin then you can follow the below path to locate your sitemap.
Yoast SEO<General<XML Sitemap
And then click on the link “See the XML sitemap. Read why XML Sitemaps are important for your site”. It will redirect you to the above-mentioned link https://yourdomain.com/sitemap.xml
Once you have located your sitemap, you can submit it to the Google Search Console.
2. Add your sitemap to Google Search Console:
There are some steps to submit a sitemap to Google Search Console as follows:
- Go to the Google search console after signing in.
- Select your property or add another property.
- Click on Sitemap on the sidebar
- Paste the above-listed sitemaps in the sitemap URL and click submit button.
Now, we have successfully submitted the sitemap to Google Search Console.