To provide the best working environment to its users Salesforce enables you to Setup the different User Interface (UI) controls. This Setting is available for both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience. In this tutorial, we are going to discuss various User Interface (UI) controls Setup that an Admin needs to be implemented in an organization. This tutorial of Salesforce Lightning User Interface (UI) is designed for both beginners and professionals who want to gain knowledge of Salesforce Lightning User Interface (UI) and also preparing for the Salesforce Administrator certification.
What is User Interface (UI) in Salesforce Classic and Lightning?
Salesforce contains various APIs (Application programming interface) but the main problem is which API is best for your user? API is intermediary software that enables a user or application to communicate with the other such as Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, etc. Similarly in Salesforce, the user needs to communicate with the software while building a web or mobile application. It enables a user to create, view, modify and delete the data in Salesforce.
In simple words, User Interface is a screen view where a user interacts with other users or software through API.
Why Setup User Interface (UI) in Salesforce?
Salesforce provides various features to its users by setting up a User Interface. You can modify the User Interface setting as well as customize the applications to meet your customer needs. You can increase access to different layers of the Salesforce platform by setting up the User Interface.
There are various reasons to set up User Interface in Salesforce Lightning are as follows:
- Set up a Home page in both Salesforce Lightning and Classic platforms.
- Customize the record page setting
- Select the language, locale, and currency
- To define the fiscal year
- To provide Maps and Location services
- Customize the objects such as contact, chatter, report, and Dashboards
- To implement the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) in the Salesforce log in process
- Enable Hover details and Inline editing
- Show Quick create
- Enable Collapsible Sections
- Enable enhanced list, tab bar organizer, Salesforce notification banner, etc.
- New release updates on the Salesforce platform, etc.
How to set up User Interface in Salesforce classic?
Salesforce provides a feature of streamlined experience for viewing and managing the tasks to its users and administrators. There are some steps to Setup a User Interface as follows;
- Login to your Salesforce account.
- Click the Setup button at the top right corner of your screen.
- Enter the User Interface in the quick search box at the top left corner on the side navigation bar.
- Select User Interface
- Select Enable Improved Setup User Interface in the advanced option below of your screen.
However, you can find different items in the Setup menu with advanced setup search beta as shown in the above image.